Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Tell us a little bit about who you are and your life up to this point in time.
I am a Singaporean Peranakan Chinese living in a small and relatively modern country,
2. Besides your fantasy creative life, what else are doing currently?
It seems like I can't get away from creative life as I am a Graphic Designer in the day. Designing printed materials, like brochures, catalogues, calendars, business cards, invitation cards...etc. Besides doing all the designing works, I also love to bake cookies.
3. What do you offer in your Etsy Shop?
I love cute and personalise products that will personalize my cell phone, gadgets and handbags, making it truly mine. As such, I would also like others to have such personalise products too. Therefore, I offer the followings in my Etsy Shop:
1) Appointment Diary with Personalized Initials
2) Note Pad with Personalized Name
3) Limited Phone/Bag Charms/KeyChains
5) Pouch Gift Sets
4. Where do you create?
All my products are created in my study room. I would sketch my thoughts and ideas on a sketch book and then convert it into a detailed blue-print. With this blue-print, I would then create it into a final product.
5. Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from almost anywhere. Example, a cute image from a t-shirt, wrapping papers, cloths, cartoon, children’s story books, plates, cups...etc.
6. How did you learn how to do your craft?
Self-taught from crafted book especially those felt charms (I should thank God for giving me this creative gift). As for printed products such as appointment diary, note pads, namecards..etc, they are taught by my aunties. They taught me how to bound the pads and do those printing layout.
7. How do you promote your wares?
I have printed postcards and business cards that I take with me everywhere I go. I also have a portfolio on linkreferral, facebooks, Dawanda, eCrater, a blog, flickr, Smidge, I love Etsy (unofficial website)and a personal website (desire2.com). I also give out samples of my products in trade shows from US,
8. What has been the most important lesson you've learned since you started selling your own creations?
Go for an extra mile when serving a customer, even though the product may cost less than $5/-.
9. Is there any advice you can give others who are just starting out?
Be passionate about your work! This passion will stay motivated even if your sales are low.
Meet other members in the Etsy community, participate in the forums and chat rooms as these are great places to post questions and find help. Take good pictures of your work and provide many angles of shots so that your product speaks for itself. In my opinion the customer is the most important part of a successful Etsy business. Treat your customers like they are valued, give them a little extra, throw in a little discount whenever possible, ship your product promptly and hopefully the word about your site will spread through positive recommendations.
10.Do you have any favorite Etsy artists you'd like to promote here?
Yes, definitely! There are many favorite Etsy artists I like and they are:-
1) SaNaHandmadeSoap.etsy.com. This Etsy seller has a range of soaps that are suitable for sensitive skin.
2) HipBone.etsy.com .This soaps seller's philosophy is that if the customer like the product it will be worth the customer paying the shipping cost in the future.
3) Athenasolivetree.etsy.com. This seller can give good advice on her products which best suit your skin and also will not push to sell her products to you.
The seller is friendly and help etsy artists who need helps. Of course there are also more others that I love to work with and I truly appreciate and enjoy their good service
Saturday, October 4, 2008
To Show the Support of Breast Cancer Awareness during October month, I am giving 20% discount for any PINK items.
This promotion end at 30 October 2008 and only at my etsy store only.
To have 20% off, just enter the code BBSPROMO in the 'Notes to Seller' section when purchasing.After which, I will send you a Paypal invoice reflecting the discount. Finally, you pay the discounted price plus shipping.
Discount does not apply to shipping charges, former purchases, trades, or custom orders. It may not be combined with any other discount. This offer is valid once per customer and expires after Oct 30, 2008 .
Thursday, September 11, 2008
lilypoh.etsy.com and www.desire2handmake.ecrater.com
It can be a free gift with a purchase or discount on selected items or even storewide.
Thanks for being so patience with me.